All mixed up. DEFINITELY all mixed up. I was my own “Rain Man”
trapped in my own world of faulty beliefs (Ok … lies) that made me unable to receive the love and inheritance that is truly mine.
It is REALLY hard to rest if you don’t feel safe. At least it is for me. If you disagree please comment. For that matter if you agree, please comment. Bottom line, I’d love to hear your thoughts.
So here I am with my only “to do” being to rest and heal and I can’t rest. As I am lying on my PT’s table receiving cranial sacral therapy I feel conflicted and tormented …. tormented ohhhh … that would fall into the “steal, kill and destroy” (John 10:10) category wouldn’t it? Time for some unfolding of my past … isn’t that the coolest concept … God actually promises to help us unfold our past (Ps 32:5 Amplified).
As we let our hearts speak what they actually believe it brings our beliefs into the light where we can compare what we believe to how God has revealed Himself through Christ who is the exact revelation/representation of God (Heb 1:3) and to His promises to us found throughout His word. Then the choice is ours whether or not to break off agreements with the faulty beliefs (think of them as building blocks made of sand rather than solid rock) and exchange that faulty building block with a building block of truth.
Personally I’ve had enough “crumbling” in my life and I take every opportunity I get to replace my “sand” with “rock”. Not once when I’ve recognized a faulty belief in my life have I ever felt condemned by our Heavenly Father and that never fails to surprise me with delight — the only condemnation I ever feel is self-inflicted. Rather, what I experience is my Heavenly Father’s delight at my taking hold of as my own what Jesus has purchased for me. So back to where I started .. All mixed up. DEFINITELY all mixed up. So here is a list of my faulty building blocks revealed to me as I lay there on my PT’s table.
- I am not safe in my own body. Made sense to me, after all it hurt like H E double toothpicks most of the time.
- My inheritance is sickness and declining health. Both have run rampant in my family.
- What I was experiencing had skewed my perspective to cause me to lose sight of the truth that I am at peace with my Heavenly Father and NOT at odds with him.
- The recurrence of the FMS is “the beginning of the end”; the beginning of a continual downward spiral in my health.
The truth God offered me in exchange for these faulty beliefs:
- Therefore if any person is ingrafted in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation, a new creature altogether. (2 Cor 5:17). Nothing like me (both God and human in one being) has ever existed before Jesus. This “creature” is a prototype. That’s who I am; NOT a “pain machine” so I am and can be safe in my own body.
- My inheritance is the wholeness Christ has purchased for me (1 Thes 5:23)
- I am at peace with God regardless of circumstance (Rom 5:1 & 10)
- The only permission God has given to trials and tribulations in my life is to create more/stronger faith and hope in my Heavenly Father. Trials and tribulations DO NOT have permission to destroy me. WOW! WOW! WOW!
There’s no way I can say this better than the Apostle Paul, so here it is from the Amplified (Romans 5:1-5). Let’s enjoy what is BOTH my inheritance and your inheritance. There is more than enough for all of us …amazing!!
Therefore, since we are justified, acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God through faith, let us grasp the fact that we have the peace of reconciliation to hold and to enjoy with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Anointed One.
Through Him also we have our access, entrance, introduction by faith into this grace (this state of God’s favor) in which we firmly and safely stand. And let us rejoice and exult in our hope of experiencing and enjoying the glory of God.
Moreover, let us also be full of joy now! Let us exult and triumph in our troubles and rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that pressure and affliction and hardship produce patient and unswerving endurance. And endurance (fortitude) develops maturity of character (approved faith and tried integrity). And character of this sort produces the habit of joyful and confident hope of eternal salvation
Such hope never disappoints or deludes or shames us, for God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
Unconditional hope that never disappoints, deludes or shames – seriously? I can have that? Unconditional because it has nothing to do with what my circumstances look like or what I have or have not prayed. Unconditional hope because it rests solely on who Jesus is and what Jesus has done.
DEFINITELY exchanging my sand blocks for rock blocks.